Indian Overseas Bank has announced recruitment notification for the post of Security Guard, eligible candidates can submit their application before 10-04-2020.
Indian Overseas Bank
is a leading Public Sector Bank invites online applications from eligible Ex-Servicemen for recruitment against 24 Security Guard posts
for their Central Office in Chennai. Interested Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria may apply online from 23rd March to 10th April 2020
by visiting our website www.iob.in. No other mode of application will be accepted.Vacancies Details
||No. of Posts
- Perform Security Guard duties i.e. to watch or look after the premises or department for the purpose of its safety, security and guard against attack, or assault, or infiltration and against the removal of the Bank’s property by any unauthorized person and/or to watch and guard as above the movement of Bank’s property from one place to another, whether inside or outside the Bank.
- Operating gadgets like Electronic Alarm systems, CCTV systems, X-Ray machines, Door Frame Metal Detector (DFMD), Hand Held Metal Detector (HHMD), etc., for the security of men and materials entering or exiting the Bank’s premises.
- Maintenance and Operation of Fire Alarm systems and Fire-fighting equipment.
- Work in shifts including night shifts.
- To perform other routine duties of the Subordinate cadre as required by the Management from time to time.
- A pass in 10th standard or its equivalent examination but the candidate should not have passed Graduation examination or its equivalent.
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write in local vernacular language.
- A character should be “EXEMPLARY‟ at the time of valid discharge from Armed Forces.
- The medical standards which the candidates must possess should be minimum SHAPE1 or AYE, whichever is applicable, at the time of valid discharge from the Armed Forces.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculated Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on the Cut-off Date. Such certificates should be dated on or before the Cut-off Date.
Fee's Details (non-refundable)
- Only Ex-Servicemen candidates can apply for the Post of Armed Guard.
- Only a permanent resident of the Chennai District is eligible to apply.
- The eligible applicants to furnish proof of permanent residence or registration with concerned district Sainik Welfare Board as proof of domicile.
- The applicants intending to apply should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria specified and possess the requisite documents/ certificates before applying.
- The selected candidate can be posted at any Branch/ Office of the Bank at the sole discretion of the Bank.
There is no application fee for this process.Selection Procedure
The mode of selection as follows: Objective type Test (Online) and Physical Fitness Test.1. Objective type Test (Online)
2. Physical Fitness Test:-
- Knowledge of Local Language (Tamil) - 20 Marks
- Knowledge of English Language - 20 Marks
- Aptitude Test - 20 Marks
- Arithmetic Test - 20 Marks
- Psychometric Test - 20 Marks
Candidates who qualify in the Online test and scored above the Cut-off scores and also otherwise satisfactorily meet the eligibility criteria shall be subject to Physical Fitness Test, as under: