MP High Court Recruitment 2021: 32 Law Clerk Posts - Apply Online
Law Clerk Vacancies in MP High Court
MP High Court has announced recruitment notification for the post of Law Clerk, eligible candidates can submit their application before 18-03-2021.
|MP High Court
|| Other Details
|Last date to Apply
Eligibility Criteria - MP High Court Recruitment 2021
- He/she is a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be a law graduate (as on the date of appearing at interview) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/ College/ University/ Institute established by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview for Law Clerkcum-Research Assistant.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge of computer M.S. Office/ Open Office/ Ubuntu including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, and Westlaw etc.
- Note:- Applicants studying the fifth year of the five-year integrated law course will have to submit attested copies of their grade sheet/ marks card/ transcripts until the end of the fourth year.
Job Responsibilities - MP High Court Recruitment 2021
1. Duties and functions related to Court processes to be performed by Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant (from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm on Court working days and full day for other working Saturdays)
2. Duties and functions related to Le al Research in the Hon'ble Court where Law Clerk-Cum-Research Assistant is attached at 2:00 pm onwards
- Being aware of court procedures viz., method of filing of various categories of cases, provisions of law, processing of cases from the stage of filing to disposal including updation of cases and also digitization and elimination thereof as per rules;
- Checking of the Final and Motion hearing cause list cases as per instruction of the Registrar (IT) to ensure listing as per Roster/ Assignment.
- Physical verification of Final Hearing cases to ensure the listing of cases in the weekly list as per the categorization/ prioritization of cases in the Listing Scheme.
- Special attention to be given to verify cases in the following categories-
(a) Supreme Court Expedited/ Direction Cases
(b) High Court Expedited Cases - Special Humanitarian reason
(c) High Court Expedited Cases ~ Short Question, Argunenls not exceeding 30 minutes
(d) Cases of Senior Citizens more than 7 5 years old
- To examine the cases, which have been covered by any Judgments/ Orders, previously passed by Hon'ble Supreme Court/ Hon'ble High Court.
- To prepare a list of such cases, which have been wrongly updated/ Prioritized/ categorized/ listed and get them dropped from the Cause List for proper updation by the Concerned Dealing Assistants under intimation and approval by the Concerned Registrar (Judicial), so that the error is rectified timely.
- To submit a monthly Bench wise report of the Cases, in which Judgments/ Orders have been passed by Hon'ble Courts, but the same has not been uploaded in the CMIS.
- Other para-legal duties may be assigned by the Registrar General/ Principal Registrar (Judicial)/ Registrar (Judicial).
- In any matter listed for final hearing before the court the Law clerk shall have to read the file in advance and prepare a brief summary of the facts of the case, the final decision of the Court below if any, the reasons thereof enhance their understanding of Court processes including listing, categorization, and prioritization of cases.
- Identify facts, issues, and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment,
- Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
- The Law Clerk must conduct necessary research under the guidance and directions of the Hon'ble Court, in the Judges chamber Library or the High Court Library or through the Internet and must keep themselves abreast with the latest precedents of the Supreme Court and of the High Courts, more particularly of this Court so as to be of maximum assistance to the judge concerned as and when necessary.
- Research legal points and principles under the guidance of Hon'ble Judge relevant in the preparation of judgments;
- Prepare a summary of Judgments passed by the Hon'ble Judge alongwith the point of law decided in that particular case, in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when required in future.
- Prepare statistical reports including chronological dates of delivery of judgments.
- Maintenance of record of administrative files, if specifically entrusted.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Hon'ble Judge or Registrar General or Principal Registrar/ Registrar (Judicial).