Ministry of Defence has announced recruitment notification for the post of Messenger, eligible candidates can submit their application before 30-06-2018.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2018
- Applications are invited from Male/Female candidates
for the recruitment of Messanger Posts
in Headquarters Dakshin Bharat Area, Island Grounds, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
on Temporary Basis
. The closing date of receipt of applications will be within 21days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Ministry of Defence Recruitment 2018 for 6 Messenger posts
- Gen (For both Male / Female) – 18-25 Years
- SC/ST (For both Male / Female) – 18-30 Years
- OBC (For both Male / Female) – 18-28 Years (Those who produce non-creamy layer certificate (OBC Category) will only be considered for against OBC quota)
- Matriculation or equivalent qualification from a recognized board
- No weightage will be given for higher qualification
The post of the messenger is similar to peon. The undermentioned duties will be performed by the messenger:-
- Messenger will perform all the duties connected with office work. (i.e. Cleaning of office and furniture, passing message, collection/distribution of mail and arrangement of drinking water.
- Intimating the officer of the arrival of authorized visitors.
- Keeping vigil over the office from a security point of view during working hours.
- Any additional task (Official work) given by superintendent of branch concerned or officer working under.
Scheme of examination:
The examination will consist of written test only.
- The written examination will be conducted for filling up these posts as it involves induction to Group ‘C’ posts.
- All candidates will be tested for physical fitness and written examination. Only physically fit candidates to apply (Medical fitness certificate to be attached from an authorized Govt Hospital Doctor). Final Selection will be made strictly on merit basis.
Headquarters Dakshin Bharat Area, Island Grounds, Chennai – 600 009
How to Apply:
Application in the prescribed format duly completed in all aspects with attested copies of relevant certificates should be sent
to the Presiding Officer C/O Officer Commanding Officer, Headquarters Dakshin Bharat Area, Island Grounds, Chennai – 600 009
to reach within 21days
from the date of publication of this advertisement through by post /courier. No application will be accepted in person).
The following documents should be attached with the application form:-
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph one attested on the reverse by a Gazetted Officer and attached in a separate cover and should be pated on the application form at the appropriate place and attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copies of certificates and testimonials in proof of age /date of birth/ educational qualification and experience, (if any) etc.
- Attested copies of SC/ST and OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate in the prescribed form issued by competent authority as required by the Central Govt.
- Two self-addressed envelopes of the size 23cms x 10cms.