Maharashtra Postal Circle Recruitment 2021: 2428 Gramin Dak Sevak Posts - Apply Online
Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancies in Maharashtra Postal Circle
Maharashtra Postal Circle has announced recruitment notification for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak, eligible candidates can submit their application before 26-05-2021.
|Maharashtra Postal Circle
|| Other Details
||Gramin Dak Sevak
|Last date to Apply
- Qualification:- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/ State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks. (Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018). The Candidate who passed the Xth class examination in the first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language:- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India.
- Basic Computer Training:- The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/ State Government/ Universities/ Boards/ Private Institutions Organizations. This requirement of a basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Knowledge of Cycling:- Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In the case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidate's online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualifications. Only marks obtained in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to %age to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In the case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per the cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in the candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of a prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSC where Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5, etc, and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly, in the case of a candidate if joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants who submitted applications within complete/incorrect data will also be rejected from consideration. Candidate should select an appropriate Board based on the year of pass and Board of the pass from the respective states which recognized the Boards. Any deviation with reference to the documents submitted and data entered will also liable for rejection of the candidature.