Madras High Court has announced recruitment notification for the post of Law Clerk, eligible candidates can submit their application before 25-04-2019.
Madras High Court Recruitment 2019
. The High Court of Madras Offline application are invited for recruitment to the posts of Law Clerks - 68 Vacancies in Madras High Court, Madurai, Tamilnadu (both in the Principal Seat at Madras and at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court), on an ad-hoc basis for a period of 1-year.
Nature of Work
To assist Hon'ble Judges not only in the Judicial work but also in their Administrative work as follows:-a) Judicial
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes, a chronology of events.
- Identifying facts and issues, questions that may arise or may need to be addressed.
- Research work including Case Laws, Articles, Papers and assisting in the preparation of judgments, corrections, and editing.
- Presence in Court during the hearing of cases, taking down notes of arguments and doing research on citations.
- Maintaining case files.
- Preparation of research or academic papers, speeches, assistance in important conferences.
- Being aware of court procedures viz., a method of filing of various categories of cases, provisions of law, movement of cases before and after filing, etc.,
- Statistical reports including timely delivery of judgments.
- Maintenance of books, other research papers, and materials. and such other works entrusted by the Hon'ble Judge to whom the Law Clerk is attached from time-to-time.
- The assignment as Law Clerk is on a full-time basis
- The eligible candidates will have to appear for viva voce test at Chennai.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the viva voce.
How to Apply
The duly filled-in applications should be submitted through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due and superscribed on the envelope as "Application for the post of Law Clerk to the Hon'ble Judges", and addressed toThe Registrar General,High Court, Madras-600 104
, on or before 25.04.2019