Indian Navy has announced recruitment notification for the post of Apprentice, eligible candidates can submit their application before 05-05-2021.
Vacancies Details - Indian Navy SSR AA Recruitment 2021
Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for AA and SSR for 500 & 2000 vacancies (Approximately) respectively in the Aug 2021 batch. The vacancies will be earmarked in a state-wise manner. For the total of 2500 vacancies, approximately 10000 candidates will be called for written examination and Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The cut-off marks for appearing in the written examination may vary from state to state.
Required Qualification - Indian Navy SSR AA Recruitment 2021
- Indian Navy AA (Artificer Apprentice):- Qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Indian Navy SSR (Senior Secondary Recruits):- Qualified in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects: - Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Age Limit:- Candidates should be born between 01 Feb 2001 to 31 Jul 2004 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection Procedure - Indian Navy SSR AA Recruitment 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein approximately 10000 candidates will be called up for written examination and PFT. The shortlisting of the candidates for written examination and PFT will be undertaken on the basis of the percentage of qualifying examination (10+2 examination). The cut-off marks may vary from state to state as vacancies have been allocated in a state-wise manner.
Indian Navy SSR AA Written Exam Pattern
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 level and the syllabus for the examination is available on the website.
- The duration of the examination will be one hour.
- All candidates appearing for written examination would be subjected to PFT on the same day.
Indian Navy SSR AA Physical Fitness Test Procedure
Note:- The cut-off marks for the issue of call-up letter for final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka may vary from state to state for SSR entry
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of a 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak), and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Merit lists for AA and SSR will be prepared based on performance in the written examination subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT), as follows:-
- Indian Navy AA - Top 600 candidates (approx.) on all India order of merit, who meet the eligibility criteria for AA will be issued a call-up letter for final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
- Indian Navy SSR - Approximately 2500 candidates will be issued a call-up letter for the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka on the basis of state-wise merit.
Indian Navy SSR AA Medical Standards
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to enrolment medical examination
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Enrolment Medical Examination of all candidates who are on the merit list will be held at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit in Enrolment Medical Examination will be enrolled. Candidates who are found medically unfit will be advised to appeal against its findings, if they so desire, at INHS Nivarini, Chilka and INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days.
Indian Navy SSR AA Visual Standards (Distant vision only)
- Without Glasses - Better Eye (6/6) & Worse Eye (6/9)
- With Glasses - Better Eye (6/6) & Worse Eye (6/6)
How To Apply - Indian Navy SSR AA Recruitment 2021
- For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 26 Apr to 05 May 21. The procedure is as follows:-
- Before filling online application, keep the matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile numbers, which should not be changed till the selection procedure is over.
- ‘Log–in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on the “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage if found ineligible in any respect.
- Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.