Indian Navy has announced recruitment notification for the post of 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme, eligible candidates can submit their application before 22-11-2018.
Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM-Passing in each subject mandatory) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
Height and Weight:
Minimum height - 157 cms with correlated weight as per age. However, relaxations in height are permissible to candidates holding domicile of areas mentioned below:-
||Minimum height standard (in centimeters) after relaxation
|Tribals from Ladakh Region
|A&N, Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands
|Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese, Garhwali, Kumaoni and Uttarakhand
|Bhutan, Sikkim & North East Regions
||The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be color/ night blind.
- IHQ of MoD (Navy) reserves the right to fix the cut off for shortlisting of applications for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2018. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam/ Kolkata from Jul - Oct 2018.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages:
Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test, and Group Discussion.
Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing, and Interview
- The training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2019.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala, based on All India Merit and number of vacancies.
- All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for the four years BTech Course in Applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements.
- On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
How to Apply
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the Indian Navy recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 02 Jun to 21 Jun 2018.
- Online (e-application). Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
a) Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate/ 12th certificate.
b) Fields such as e-mail address, a mobile number are mandatory fields.
c) All relevant documents (preferably in original) Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, JEE (Main)-2018 scorecard (indicating All India Rank) and a recent passport size color photograph should be scanned and uploaded in PDF form.
d) If any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason, the application will be rejected.
e) Print one copy of online application form and carry it along with original certificates/ document while appearing for SSB interview.