Indian Army has announced recruitment notification for the post of JAG Entry Scheme, eligible candidates can submit their application before 14-02-2019.
A candidate must either be:-
(i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree
(three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with Bar Council of India/ State. Candidate should be from a College/ University recognized by Bar Council of India.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. No offline applications will be accepted.
- Open the website www.joinlndianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on Officers Entry 'Apply/ login' and then click 'Registration'.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on 'Apply Online' to process the application. A page 'Officers Selection-Eligibility' will open.
- Your registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply. Click on 'Apply' and a page 'Application Form' will open. Proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions. Read onscreen instructions carefully and click 'Continue' to fill details under various segments i.e personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. 'Save & Continue' each time before you proceed to the next segment.
- After filling details of the last segment, you will move to a page 'Summary of Information' wherein you can check & edit entries you have made so far. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details clicks on 'Submit'. Candidates must click on 'Submit' each time they open the application for editing any details. The candidates will take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the closure of online application.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting.
- Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, duly countersigned by the Commanding Officer should be taken along with all other documents as stated. above to the SSB as and when called for the same.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to fix cut off a percentage of marks for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis, up to a specified date, as notified on a website.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSS at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up a letter for SSS interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidates' registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through the two-stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSS interviews is five days and details of the same are available on the official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSS and declared medically fit will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit depending on the number of vacancies available.