Delhi Postal Circle has announced recruitment notification for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak, eligible candidates can submit their application before 01-03-2021.
Educational Qualification - Delhi Postal Circle Recruitment 2021
- Qualification:- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/ State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks. (Referred to in Directorate Order No 17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018). The Candidate who passed the Xth class examination in the first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language:- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of the Constitution of India.
- Basic Computer Training:- The candidates for all approved categories of GDS referred to in (i) above will be required to furnish a Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/ State Government/ Universities/ Boards/ Private Institutions Organizations. This requirement of a basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
- Knowledge of Cycling:- Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In the case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate has to submit a declaration to this effect.
Application Fee - Delhi Postal Circle Recruitment 2021
Applicant belonging to the category UR/ OBC/ EWS Male has to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for each set of five options. Payment of the fee is exempted for all female candidates, all SC/ST candidates, and all PwD candidates.
Selection Procedure - Delhi Postal Circle Recruitment 2021
- Selection will be made as per the automatically generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidate's online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualifications. Only marks obtained in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to %age to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidates apply with grades only his application liable for disqualification.
- In the case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
- In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per the cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one or all Circles. However, this count of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in the candidate’s Home Circle. (Home Circle means the circle in the native/ domicile state of a prospective candidate in which he/she is permanently residing and studied SSC where Postal Circle is providing opportunity). Hence, candidates should be advised to exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5, etc, and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly, in the case of a candidate if joins at any selected post, offers to the remaining choices will automatically be forfeited. If a candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
- Applicants who submitted applications within complete/incorrect data will also be rejected from consideration. Candidate should select an appropriate Board based on the year of pass and Board of the pass from the respective states which recognized the Boards. Any deviation with reference to the documents submitted and data entered will also liable for rejection of the candidature.
How To Apply - Delhi Postal Circle Recruitment 2021
The only online application will be accepted by the candidate. A candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/ herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in
with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:-
- Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces)
- Father Name
- Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number)
- Date of Birth
- PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability
- State in which Xth class passed
- Board in which Xth class passed
- Year of Passing Xth class
- Xth Class Certificate Number/ Roll Number (optional)
Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for the submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles. Mobile number mapping is mandatory for Registration. Once Registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also.C.
In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection. Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through the option ‘Forgot registration’.