Calcutta High Court has announced recruitment notification for the post of Lower Division Assistant, eligible candidates can submit their application before 19-01-2019.
||No. of Post
|UR (Exempted Category)
|UR (Meritorious Sportspersons)
|UR (PWD) (Hearing Impairment)
|UR (PWD) (Loco Motor Disability or Cerebral Palsy)
|UR (PWD) (Blindness or Low Vision)
|SC (Exempted Category)
|ST (Exempted Category)
|OBC (A) (Exempted Category)
|OBC (B) (Exempted Category)
- Age not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years as on 1st January 2018 (Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal only). In the case of Persons with disabilities, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
- Candidates belonging to Ex-serviceman sub-category will get upper age relaxation as per the existing Government Rules.
- Age, as recorded in the Madhyamik (10th standard) or Equivalent examination issued by any recognized Board/ Council, will only be accepted.
- Must have passed in the Higher Secondary Examination (12th standard) from the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent examination from a recognized Council/ Board.
- Must have knowledge in the vernacular of the State.
The following examination fees are required to be paid by the candidates:-
- SC/ ST for the State of West Bengal:- Examination Fees Rs. 250/- (+bank charges extra).
- All other categories and subcategories of candidates mentioned in the classification of vacancies (under serial number 3) those who are applying directly:- Examination Fees Rs. 500/- (+bank charges extra).
No fees need to be paid by the candidates belonging to Exempted categories and Ex-serviceman categories whose names will be sponsored by the appropriate authority/ authorities.
For payment of fees through Debit Card
of any bank, “bank charge
” is not required to be paid. For other modes of online payment of fees necessary bank charges, as applicable, are required to be paid.
The candidates can pay examination fees through offline mode by downloading the challan from the website which shall be tendered in any branch of United Bank of India. For offline payment Rs. 24/- has to be paid as bank charge.
Mode of Selection
Preliminary Screening Test (Stage-I):
On successful submission of the online applications, candidates are required to undergo a Preliminary Screening Test (OMR based).
Competitive Written Test (Stage-II):
- There shall be total hundred (100) questions and each question shall carry one (1) mark.
- There shall be negative marking of one (1) mark for each wrong answer.
- The question papers shall be available in English language only.
- There will be four (4) series of question booklets.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary Screening Test shall not be carried forward in the further stages. Admit Cards issued at the inception shall be valid for further stages of examination including viva-voce.
Viva-Voce Test (Stage-III):
- Candidates selected and shortlisted in the Preliminary Screening Test (OMR based) are required to appear in a Competitive Written Test in i) Arithmetic, ii) English essay and précis writing and iii) General Knowledge. Each subject shall carry hundred (100) marks, aggregating to three hundred (300) marks and the duration of Competitive Written Test shall be of three (3) hours in a single seating.
- Candidates securing forty percent (40%) of the marks in each of the three (3) subjects and fifty percent (50%) in the aggregate, shall be considered to have passed the Competitive Written Test.
- A certain number of candidates will be selected category wise, according to merit, as qualified candidates (as per vacancy ratio) for viva-voce from the candidates those who have secured pass marks.
- Candidates securing qualifying marks and selected in order of merit shall be required to appear at a viva-voce test of hundred (100) marks.
- The marks obtained in Competitive Written Test and viva-voce shall be considered at the time of preparing final merit list.
- If at any stage(s) of the selection process a candidate remains absent, his/her candidature shall be canceled without making any further intimation to him/her.