- Every year on 21st October Police Commemoration Day is celebrated throughout the country. The motto of this day is to honor the loyalty and supreme sacrifice of police personnel for the nation.
- It was on this day in 1959 when CRPF led a saga of valor and sacrifice in the inaccessible, inhospitable terrain of Hot Springs in Ladakh.
- A patrol party of 20 CRPF personnel and Intelligence Bureau (IB) had gone to search for a missing reconnaissance party when it was ambushed by the Chinese Army. In spite of the sudden attack and disadvantageous tactical position, they fought valiantly against the Chinese army personnel who were in large numbers and heavily armed.
- In this battle, 10 CRPF men were martyred in defense of the country.
- Police Commemoration Day Parade is held at Police Memorial, Chanakyapuri, since 2012 on this day.
Published On : 22 Oct 2020