- India’s first multi-modal logistic park will be opened in Jogighopa in the Bongaigaon district in the state of Assam. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has laid the foundation stone of this park.
- It will be developed under the Bharatmala Pariyojana of Centre with an investment of Rs 694 crore.
- It will provide direct and indirect jobs to 20,00,000 people.
- It will have 3 components: Road, Railway, and Infrastructure.
- It will provide the facilities such as warehouse, railway siding, cold storage, customs clearance house, yard facility, workshops, petrol pumps, truck parking, and water treatment plant.
- About Assam,
- Capital - Dispur
- Number of District - 33
- Governor - Jagdish Mukhi
- Chief Minister - Sarbananda Sonowal
Published On : 21 Oct 2020