- The South Asia Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Disaster Management Centre has launched a website for information related to the COVID-19 (www.covid19-sdmc.org).
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website,
- Here, Users can see the latest Coronavirus Update including Total Cases, New Deaths, Total Recovered. The website also shows that at least 960 coronavirus cases have been reported in the SAARC region.
- According to the website, at least 5-people have lost their lives in India, 3 in Pakistan, while 2 died in Bangladesh due to COVID-19.
- SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC),
- SAARC DMC is an Interim Unit (IU) of the South Asia Association of Regional Cooperation (SAARC). It was set up in November 2016 under the premise of the Gujarat Institute of Disaster Management (GIDM).
- List of Eight Members countries of SAARC DMC is Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Published On : 23 Mar 2020