- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed the Injeti Srinivas as the new chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) for a period of three years.
- Injeti Srinivas is an IAS officer of 1983 batch. On 31st May 2020, he had retired as the Secretary of Corporate Affairs.
Besides the Chairman of IFSCA, It has a member of each nominated from RBI, IRDAI, SEBI, and PFRDA. There are also two members from the Central Government and full-time or part-time members in the Authority.
- About International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA),
- It was formed by the Finance Ministry on 27th April 2020 as the unified authority to regulate all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs). Its headquarter is in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The main function of the IFSCA is to regulate financial products such as securities, deposits, or contracts of insurance, financial services.
Published On : 07 Jul 2020