- Ravinder Bhakar has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Central Board of Films Certification (CBFC). He replaced Anurag Srivastava. Prior to taking up this assignment, he working as the Secretary & Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railways. Ravinder Bhakar is a 1999 batch IRSS officer.
- About the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC),
- It is a statutory film-certification body in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India, which was formed on 15th January 1951.
- At Present, the Chairman of CBFC is Prasoon Joshi.
- It is tasked with regulating the public exhibition of films under the provisions of the Cinematograph Act 1952. Films screened in cinemas and on television may only be publicly exhibited in India after certification by the board.
Published On : 02 Jul 2020