- The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) has elected Dinesh Kumar Khara as the next chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI). He will replace Rajnish Kumar.
- Prior to this, Dinesh Khara served as the Managing Director (MD) of SBI since 2016. Besides, He also served as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SBI Funds Management Pvt Limited (SBIMF).
- About Banks Board Bureau (BBB),
- It is an autonomous body of the Government of India.
- Its objective is to improve the governance of Public Sector Banks, recommend the selection of chiefs of government-owned banks and financial institutions, and help banks in developing strategies and capital raising plans.
- Its headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- At Present, the Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau is Bhanu Pratap Sharma.
Published On : 31 Aug 2020