- The 17th Meeting of the India-Vietnam Joint Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation was held via video-conference on 25th August 2020. It was co-chaired by Dr. S. Jaishankar (External Affairs Minister of India) and H. E. Mr. Pham Binh Minh (Deputy Prime Minister & Foreign Minister of Vietnam).
- The meeting focused on the recent developments in the India-Vietnam Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and discussed the future trajectory of their wide-ranging engagement.
- They also agreed to add new momentum to the economic and defense engagement between the two countries.
- Both countries also agreed to enhance their bilateral cooperation in line with India’s Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI) and the ASEAN’s Outlook.
- Both countries also agreed to coordinate closely at multilateral forums, including at the UN Security Council, where both India and Vietnam will serve concurrently as non-permanent members in 2021.
Published On : 27 Aug 2020