- The government has activated Aadhaar authentication for new GST registration to enhance ease of doing business. For those opting for Aadhaar authentication, new GST registration will be issued within three working days and will not need to wait for physical verification.
- Those not opting for Aadhaar authentication will be granted it only after physical verification of the place of business or documentary verification which may take up to 21 working days or more.
- The government said Aadhaar authentication for new registration will substantially enhance ease of doing business for genuine businesses.
- The government also said that the move will facilitate genuine and honest taxpayers while at the same time keeping the fake and fraudulent entities away from GST.
- The facility of quick approval of GST registration through Aadhaar authentication can be availed by all Indian citizens.
Published On : 24 Aug 2020