- The Union Law Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the 'itat e-Dwar' e-filing portal of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT). Speaking on the occasion, he said that the portal will enable the online filing of appeals, miscellaneous applications, documents, paper books by various parties.
- The objective of the e-filing portal is to provide convenience and a modern, seamless experience to taxpayers. It will also increase the accessibility, accountability, and transparency in the day-to-day working of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT).
- The portal integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns and quick refunds to taxpayers.
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayers.
- It will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, and profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR, etc.
Published On : 28 Jun 2021