- Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan (age 51 years) has launched a trial run of Delhi's buses on Hydrogen-blended CNG (HCNG). Besides, he has also an inaugurated IndianOil's compact reformer plant.
- About Hydrogen-blended CNG,
- HCNG is emerging as an excellent interim technology for achieving emissions reduction and import substitution.
- It is produced through electrolysis of water, followed by high-pressure blending with CNG.
- H-CNG blends can be produced directly from CNG, bypassing the energy-intensive electrolysis process and high-pressure blending costs.
- The flexible and robust process allows the production of H-CNG on-site, in less severe conditions, and under low pressure
- It provides a higher yield H-CNG mixture by up to 4% to 5% compared to CNG's input quantity.
- The cost of H-CNG production by the above process is about 22% cheaper than conventional physical blending.
Published On : 21 Oct 2020