- Union Agriculture Minister Shri Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala (age 66 years) has launched Rs 10,000 crore NCDC Ayushman Sahakar scheme for the creation of healthcare infrastructure by cooperatives.
- The objective of this scheme is to assist cooperatives to play an important role in the creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country formulated by the apex autonomous development finance institution under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- It will be a step towards strengthening the farmers welfare activities by the Central Government.
- It would also revolutionize the way healthcare delivery takes place in rural areas.
- NCDC’s scheme aligns itself with the focus of the National Health Policy, 2017, covering the health systems in all their dimensions- investments in health, organization of healthcare services, access to technologies, development of human resources, encouragement of medical pluralism, affordable health care to farmers etc. It has a comprehensive approach-hospitals, healthcare, medical education, nursing education, paramedical education, health insurance and holistic health systems such as AYUSH.
Published On : 20 Oct 2020