- TRIFED along-with Chhattisgarh MFP Federation and IIT Kanpur have launched the new initiative named 'Tech For Tribes'.
- The objective of this initiative is to provides the holistic development of tribals with a focus on entrepreneurship development, soft skills, IT, and business development through SHGs operating through Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVKs).
- The program aims to tap the traditional knowledge and skills of tribals and add branding, packaging, and marketing skills to optimize their income through a market-led enterprise model by setting up of Van Dhan Kendras (VDVKs). TRIFED has so far sanctioned 1243 Van Dhan Kendras in 21 States and 1 UT involving 3.68 lakh tribal gatherers.
- About Tech for Tribals Initiative,
- It is a unique program to make tribals of India “Aatmanirbhar”, focusing to bridge the gap between tribal entrepreneurs and urban markets.
- TRIFED plans to subsequently start the Vandhan-ESDP Training Program in other States as well through other Training Partners using the training module developed by IIT, Kanpur, with minor modification as per local requirement. The “Tech For Tribals” Initiative is a major push towards tribal development and empowerment.
Published On : 14 Oct 2020