- Indian Paralympics athlete Deepa Malik (age 49 years) announces his retirement as the office-bearer in the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI).
- Deepa was born on 30th September 1970 in Bhiwani, Haryana. She becomes the first Indian woman to win a medal at the Paralympics. She had won a Silver Medal in the Shot-Put event at the 2016 Paralympic Games. Overall, Deepa has won 58 National and 23 International Medals across all disciplines to date.
- List of Awards She was Received:
- Haryana Karambhoomi Award (2008).
- Maharashtra Chhatrapati Award (Sports) (2009-10)
- Arjuna Award (2012).
- President Role Model Award (2014).
- Padma Shri Award (2017).
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2019).
Published On : 14 May 2020