- Brazilian mathematician, Dr. Carolina Araujo won the 2020 Ramanujan Prize in the Young Mathematicians category for her significant work in algebraic geometry. She is the first non-Indian, who won this prize.
- About Carolina Araujo,
- She is a Brazilian mathematician, specialized in algebraic geometry, including birational geometry, Fano varieties, and foliations.
- Currently, She working as the researcher at the Instituto Nacional de Matemática Pura e Aplicada in Brazil (IMPA).
- Besides, she is the Vice President of the Committee for Women in Mathematics at the International Mathematical Union.
- About Ramanujan Prize,
- It is a mathematics prize awarded annually by the International Centre for Theoretical Physics. It is named after the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. It was founded in 2004 and was first awarded in 2005.
- The prize is awarded to a researcher from a developing country less than 45 years of age who has conducted outstanding research in a developing country.
Published On : 12 Dec 2020