- PM Modi inaugurated the Construction Work of the Agra Metro project via video conferencing.
- About Agra Metro Project,
- The project comprises 2 corridors with a total length of 29.4 km.
- It will connect Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Sikandra with Railway stations and Bus stands.
- It will provide an environment-friendly Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) to the historic city of Agra.
- The estimated cost will be Rs 8,379.62 crore, and it will be completed in 5 years.
- Prior to this, on 8th March 2019, Prime Minister Modi had inaugurated the Agra Metro project along with the commencement of commercial operations of Lucknow Metro on the entire 23 km long North-South corridor from ‘CCS Airport to Munshipulia’.
Published On : 08 Dec 2020