1. Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue. Shri Venkaiah Naidu, has, in the process, become the first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign such an agreement when he inked an MOU with the visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda, Mr. Bernard Makuza, here today.
2. The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for promoting zero-budget natural in agriculture to make farming viable and sustainable. He was interacting, here today, with the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, Acharya Devvrat, the agricultural expert, Shri Subhash Palekar and the Advisor (Agriculture) to Government of Andhra Pradesh, Shri Vijay Kumar as part of National Consultations to make to double the farmers’ incomes and make agriculture profitable and sustainable.
3. The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has said the road to ‘New India’ will go through a developed and peaceful ‘New North East’. Addressing the concluding session during the 67th Plenary Session of the NEC in Shillong today, he said the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has a dream of New India by 2022. The dream of ‘New India’ will be realized with the vision of a ‘New North East’, he added.
4. Dr. Sandeep Sancheti takes a charge as 97th President of AIU (Association of Indian Universities), New Delhi.
5. British PM Theresa May appointed Jeremy Hunt as her new Foreign Secretary.
Published On : 10 Jul 2018
|Banking & Finance||National||International||Sports|
|Defence||Arts and Culture||Awards & Honours||Science & Technology|
|Environment||Bills & Acts||Business & Economy||Summits & Conference|
|Visits by PM, President||Entertainment||Education||Quiz Notes|
|Police||Schemes||Important Dates||Appointments/ Resign|
|Obituary||Books & Authors||State|